Did I get the job? ?

I had a job interview the other day. I was in there for 5 minutes she asked me a few questions and said she would call me on Friday. I been calling there everyday all day but nothing. They keep saying she’s not there the manager or That the manager will call back but never do I call them. I called them atless 50 times the entire weekend. I stopped by there yesterday they told me that she would call., I’m gonna pop up this whole week until she’s there..I really need a job someone please help? 

12 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

When I was in the position where I would hire individuals, the person who repeatedly called was the one I would not hire.

• 3 weeks ago

Unlikely  I called them atless 50 times the entire weekend.............

• 3 weeks ago

Recruiters and hiring managers want to be absolutely sure that they have found the right person for the job before they let their secondary candidates know they're out of the running.

• 3 weeks ago

SHORT interviews-there is no substance, the interviewers have nothing much to say. I know some interviews may be brief, but if they only ask a few questions, it is not a good sign. I think an interview should be a half hour at the very least, but it can depend on the job. Anything under that seems bad to me (unless they specify it is a screening).

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

50 times? You've killed your chances at that job.  TWO phone calls are standard. 

You were not considered for the position. 

• 3 weeks ago

Probably not. A 5 minuet interview and then avoiding you is a sign that the manager quickly determined you were not a good fit for her needs. 

Stop calling and dropping by.  Use your energy to apply for other jobs.  If they want you, they know how to contact you. 

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Unlikely " I called them atless 50 times the entire weekend" by doing that you turned from a potential employee to an obsessive pest

• Eva
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Stop bugging them! You've irritated them enough that even if they had thought about giving you the job, they won't now.  If you were only there for 5 minutes, you probably weren't at the top of the list of potential hires.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

No you didn't.  Sorry.  Stop calling.

• 4 weeks ago

Probably not but miracles do happen. I am pretty sure she knows you called 50 times and is giving you the silent treatment. Keep looking. Next time don’t call and hound them, maybe once if you need to and then move on.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.