Would you an 0wner  finance on   a piece of property for a buyer; since the bank does not value it for what I ask?

The buyer wants to use his attorney to draw up the contract. Would you do this since it is a mobile home on some property and banks will not finance mobile homes

You can finance the land.  Trailers have no value

Sure, if he was a good bet.

Its risky.  If he stops paying the mortgage then you have to foreclose on him, as a bank would, and its a lot of time and effort to do this.  Also, wouldnt it be nice having your money right now, even if you had to lower the price of the house a bit to get it? I've always avoided owner financing prefering instead to lower the price 10% to get paid now and avoid all the hassle. If, however, you get a good price and downpayment and can't sell the house any other way, then if might be what you have to do (but you first might want to at least try finding a cash buyer at a lower price)

You can get a mortgage on a mobile home if it includes the land and IF it's a double wide and built since 1974.  Tell the buyer to talk to a mortgage broker.

Source(s): I'm a Realtor
  • R P

No, I would not owner finance anything. I am not a bank and do want the headaches involved when it comes time to foreclose because the buyers stop paying.

If you could find a buyer stupid enough to overpay for it, sure.

Banks will finance mobile homes.... just not old mobile homes

I could potentially do this for a commercial property, I could consider it.For a residential property, I can't see any situation where I wouldn't want to be paid in full and be done with the property.