Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

How do I clear my mind when coming home from work?

It replays in my head of what I did at work, and I want my mind to be completely blank. How?

• rick

At various times I've use several techniques with varying degrees of success. I've tried stopping at the bar on the way home. Sometimes this worked. Often I got drunk, or picked up a girl and forgot to go home. The wife didn't care for this.  For a while I rode a bicycle to work. That 18 mile commute would clear my mind. For a lot of years, I went to the motocross track and rode really hard for a while. This resulted in bad knees. It did clear my mind for a while. After the wife moved out, I had girlfriends I visited after work. Sex worked really well to clear my mind. I think back  over the last several decades, and the best thing was Cannabis. A few tokes did more good and less harm than anything.

I guess if you are that anxious that you can't unwind, 

perhaps a change of career is indicated.

Aerobic exercise after work. It burns up all the leftover stress hormones and tension. Then your brain feels peaceful and thinks about other things.