Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiet & Fitness · 3 weeks ago

Are these macro ratios healthy, or is it too much protein for me?

This is what was recommended through the TDEE calculator. I am currently trying to lose weight (I was unwell for 8 years and overate and didn't exercise). Although my diet was originally high-carb, low-fat, I've been incorporating more healthy fats into my diet to reach my targets (mainly walnuts and sunflower seeds). It brings my fat ratios way higher than that recommended on a lower fat/protein diet.

Long story short, there were three recommendations on the TDEE calculator for me to lose weight- moderate carb, lower carb (NO THANK YOU!!!), higher carb. I felt like the moderate carb selection would work best for me considering I tend to consume more protein and fat than on my previous diet. I feel like the foods I need to eat to reach my nutrient targets always bring me over with fats and protein. I will be consuming more calories than recommended her though, since I find 0.5kg a week to be too drastic and not healthy in my opinion. I'm more focused on the ratios.

I'm 26 years old, 150cm, and weigh 50.5kg. I exercise lightly. My natural weight is between 42-44kg. I gained 10 kilos in 5 years and have recently managed to lose 1.5 kilos over a few weeks.

Anyway, my main question is- is this too much protein for me? I usually only consume no more than 45g and I think I'd fail to reach the 70g even if I tried anyway. But I feel like even the 45g is too much for me. I've read that too much protein can be very hard on the liver and cause issues in later life...

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.