Colleagues didn't get me leaving present?

I left work and my colleaugues didn't get me anything. I have been there almost 5 years and the culture is we always contributed to people leaving or life events. But when I left they gave me nothing and hardly even said goodbye. I know a fee of them didn't like me for reasons i will never know as i was friendy and kind to everyone. Felt like they dont care im going. i am still on the departments chat system and even though I left 1 week ago feel like putting a message on there saying how i think i am hurt they didn't get me anything considering for everyone else who left over the years we have? should i leave a message there?

I was made redundant

also should i delete myself from the chat system first or wait to be deleted by them? if i remove myself first does that feed the haters too? but i feel bad if i get deleted by them

Favorite Answer

Leave this be and move on. Not everyone you work with will like you or consider you a friend enough to honor your leaving. 

This is not worth stressing over. Just go on with your life and leave your inconsiderate ex-co-workers to their own devices. You don't need to leave a message anywhere. 

its a little patronising to "expect" something from someone, because you were the same and as kind as everyone else, but judging by this hostile post alone, suggests to me you weren't. Sometimes we have to learn from experiences. I feel like NOBODY likes me at my place, and wish to leave silently, just to show them how much they mean to me, for stabbing me in the back right to my face on nights out that were supposed to be considered "fun". Grow up. We all deal with it. Work is work, at the end of the day, you need to understand that while there are fun elements, you need to separate the attachment of fun with professionalism.

• L

GROW UP - SNOWFLAKE!  NO one gets a present for leaving a job - they only get their final check and a box to remove their personal items.

• John

That you were let go, weren't much liked, and here you are stewing on a public forum for who knows how long because nobody gave you a present says pretty much everything. That you just don't seem to get it says much, too.

Let it go. You have a new job, so leave your former employer & colleagues behind - emotionally as well as physically. Get off the former employer's chat system, too!

In over 30 years of working life and being made redundant three times in that time,

If I were to leave a job where the custom was to give a parting gift and, I didn't receive one, I'd reconsider my attitude toward my fellow employees while I was there. Perhaps you weren't very well-liked.

• Eva

That's a very immature response. Let it go and move on.

• I worked at a place for 15 years and I didn't receive one either. I worked very hard for them. 

This is one of those things you shouldn't expect to get from your work place. They don't always give some one a gift when they leave. 

Delete your self from the chat system, don't worry about the 'haters' and move on. 

Don't feed the 'haters' by posting a message. 

• Tavy

No be dignified, don't show them you are hurt. Move on and delete the chat.