What’s the best.....?

Why do people afk such vague questions like “what’s the best car?” , for what?

Or “how much would it cost to repair my car?” What car, what’s wrong with it? Who knows?

Or “Are Hondas good cars?” Do they think there is just one model?

They might as well as “how long is a piece of string?”

Favorite Answer

Because they are thick as sh!t.

This is how some people think. 

Sometimes I think people come here just to practice their English (their "other" language)!

A better question is; when I ask  "What, in Your Opinion, is best car, etc?" and I get quotes  from Consumer Reports or something.. If I wanted some quotes, Id just go to the Website...

I agree,  few  seem  to realize that Only One  lousy exception blows a blanket statement. Its Not rocket science. Common sense aint common.

Most of them are just trolls posting intentionally vague questions to elicit responses.

The ones asking 'what is the best car?' are probably just bored and can't think of anything to ask - but they might actually be trying to figure out what car to buy, and may even be aware that the answers are going to be arbitrary depending what criteria the person answering it bases their response on (i.e. - performance, reliability, etc.)

• Scott

Many people are basically stupid and don't think about what they are asking. That, along with a lack of written and/or verbal communication skills in society as a whole. Many people cannot compose a concise, coherent question.

• CB

People are idiots and getting worse.....watch the movie (comedy) "Idiocracy" if you want  a glimpse at the future. 

Yes, absolutes perplex me too. You cannot generalise anything, yet people do left right and centre.