Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 3 weeks ago

How do I report this guy?

My sister has been seeing this guy for a year now but I suspect he’s an illegal immigrant. Last month, we had a picnic at the park with few friends and families and there’s this guy. My sister introduced him to me and we had a casual conversation and he seems like a nice guy but when I asked him if he’s working he couldn’t answer at first. It’s like he’s still thinking what he’s gonna say then eventually he said yes but not a regular job. He’s just working for a friend. He’s helping him paint their house. I said oh ok then after the picnic my sister told me she’s just going to drop him off at his house. I was like “what? you’re dropping him off?” “Doesn’t he have a car?” She said he doesn’t have a car and he can’t own one yet. I asked her how come and she said she doesn’t know and it’s none of her business. For me that’s a red flag. This guy is 24 and doesn’t have a job and a car. I feel like my sister is hiding something. He also told me that he’s been living in the US for about 4 years. He’s Asian. 4 years and doesn’t have a car and a job? How do I report this guy? I don’t care if he’s nice. He’s living here illegally. Should I contact ICE? I’m just worried about my sister. What if he does something bad to her?

I would drop him in it, look after your sister these guys are all predators and parasites.  

Yes, you can report him to ICE or Department of Homeland Security (they also handle immigration issues). I don't know their phone numbers, but you can look them up online. They will check his visas & documentation and determine what to do.

Not everyone who is poor is in this country illegally.

Q. Do you hate your sister that much ? Or are you just jealous ?

• Alan H

Your suspicions are not evidence.

You are not worried about your sister: face it, you are just desirous to report someone 

How about you stop meddling in your sisters business

Freak

You seem to be very close minded. How many of you have their live together at the age of 24? Being an immigrant doesn’t mean you are a bad person. Everything in life is a process...he will have a car and a job, and he will do better than you. He got the English already, and you don’t have a clue of his language. That should tell you how smart he is...I would encourage you to travel overseas one day to see how people live over there. Don’t just assume that being an illegal immigrant means a bad person.

• garry

how about minding your own business and letting immigration handle it , after all you have known him for a year now and he hasnt been arrested anyway , have you though he might be there legally .

From the looks of many of the answers to your question it would appear that "See something Say something" only works for woke sheeple searching for an excuse to call somebody a racist or something.

If you think the guy your sister is seeing is suspicious because he's being evasive when asked the basic questions you'd ask 'Anybody' involved with your sister then by all means go ahead & trust your instincts.

But before you just go-off pegging somebody as an illegal Alien or something just based on the fact that he's between jobs often as not & can't afford a car I'll remind you that LOTS of people are stuck between that economic rock & preverbal hard place & most self-respecting Guys don't exactly consider it a bragging-point.

After all, in that event, your certainly not catching him at his best, and reluctance to let that kind of economic shortcoming show isn't nearly as evasive & suspicious as it might otherwise be just  Not liking the 'Third Degree' from people that that are often inclined to consider employment & economic status as Qualifiers,, or Disqualifiers depending on perspective. 

You might recall some years ago A prospective employer running a job-add getting into some trouble when including one of the descriptive  'qualifiers' with the words "Unemployed Need-Not Apply".

Hellooooo Been paying attention to currant events lately?

If being between jobs or out of work & not being able afford gas much less afford a car is a Disqualifier from having a personal or social life  then 40% of the Country would all be breaking up & getting Divorces by now!

No one should be considered illegal on stolen land. Mind your own business. If you love and trust your sister you should trust that she knows what she is doing. If you think it’s wrong then just say you don’t want to see him again. 

Yeah, they way you just described him to us is how you should describe him to a cop. You're right, something isn't adding up. If you see something, say something.