Anonymous
Anonymous asked in SportsFootball (American) · 3 weeks ago

Will Dwayne Haskins Jr be out of pro football inside 3 years?

The game at Cleveland was telling. He played like he simply does not care at all.  He just doesn’t carry himself as an intelligent person.  I don’t think he’ll have much of a pro career.  Even Urban recently came out and more or less said he’s lazy. 

• RICK

Nope, he might never be a star or even a starter but he has enough talent to have a long NFL career as a backup.  Something along the lines of Drew Stanton or Matt Schwab

Idk. I don’t really watch the REDSKINS much because the REDSKINS are trash. If I was drafted by the REDSKINS, I probably demand a trade immediately. I would hate to play for the REDSKINS. I mean seriously, would you even attempt to be good if you played for the REDSKINS? I wouldn’t. 

He has very limited skills and cognitive ability.  He is essentially the Joe Biden of the NFL

It's likely that he will be given his play so far.

You're wrong on all counts EXCEPT the title question.

Dwayne came out of college too early.  He made a huge mistake.  The result is that he's very raw and has a lot of problems in his game.  On the plus side he has excellent size, he definitely flashes plus arm talent, he DOES work hard in the film room, has grown as a leader and competitor.

However, Dwayne still has MAJOR accuracy problems.  He had clear mechanical problems in college, he didn't fix them last year, and hasn't fixed them this year.  They're mainly in his lower body.  That's a problem.  I think he can and will improve, but he's going to be an inaccurate QB his whole career.  Even when he hits receivers, he "misses within the strike zone", forcing receivers to lunge for a slightly inaccurate ball.  He also sucks at touch passes.

Second, before Cleveland, Dwayne was TERRIFIED to put the ball in harm's way.  He was playing hyper-conservative.  People around here were calling it "Alex Smith-ian", which is not a compliment.  I don't know why he suddenly started trying to make tight throws against Cleveland, but I'm glad he did because he needs to make these mistakes to learn from them.  Asking a young QB to play hyper-conservative is not helping him grow.  I'd rather have him make the mistakes.  

Third, Dwayne needs to learn how to manipulate defenders with his eyes better, read and process quicker, and all the other little things that every rookie struggles with.

I'm glad he melted down against Cleveland.  This season is the Dwayne evaluation season.  He either makes big progress, or the Skins should draft his replacement.  Dwayne never should have been taken so high or by a team as ill-prepared as the Skins were last year.

he probably won't be out of the league in 3 years...but it won't be TOO much longer than that unless he takes a big step forward sometime this year.

No, he'll still be playing.  You can find me in 3 years and congratulate me on my prediction if he's still playing pro football somewhere.