Is this sometimes common before a background check? ?

Hey everyone so I recently applied and was interviewed for a job position (Which I have 3 years of experience in). Prior to the interview I filled out a paper application and where it said "desired pay" I put what I wanted which still followed the pay scale of how much you could make based off experience according to the job add. Pay was not brought up at all from both employers when they interviewed me, but my interview did go very well. They are currently under my consent running a background check on me; However pay and what I would actually make an hour for this position was not brought up yet. Just want to know from you all if this ever happened to you and is this sometimes common? 

There is no need for anyone to discuss pay until the company decides they want to hire you.

Let's say they interview ten people for the position.    It would be nine completely unnecessary conversations to discuss pay with all of them. 

They will do the check and then discuss salary.

Your desired pay probably did not turn them off. No sense discussing it until you pass the background check.

It's very common for pay not to be discussed until an offer is made.