How do I get my USPS package back when it says returned to sender and no such address?

I preordered an album about a month ago and yesterday it was supposed to be delivered, but it said it was returned to sender and no such address. Before there was a part I messed up on in the shipping address, but it was too late when I noticed. I’ve tried calling USPS and my local UPS Store but all I got was an unhelpful automated message from USPS and the UPS Store wasn’t of much help. Is there still a way to retrieve it or should I wait to get a refund and try to reorder it?

Its going back to the sender or the post office will sit on it. You can't get it.  You do know USPS and UPS are not the same, right?

You can't get the package from USPS.   It is being returned to the merchant you bought it from because the package wasn't addressed correctly.

Either you made a typo when you ordered it or the merchant made an error.   You'll need to contact them and work it out.   If the error is yours, plan on paying for the shipping twice.   If the error is theirs, they should ship it again at no charge. 

Refund and re-order, or possibly you could call the seller and explain it and they could re-send the same package after sticking a new address label on it. Its in USPS's system to be returned so highly unlikely you can stop that, at this point.

UPS and USPS aren't the same companies.

If it wasn't shipped fully by UPS, they can't help you.

If you messed up on the address, USPS probably doesn't have the services to route it back to you.  If you go to the post office TODAY they might be able to help, after that it's probably on it's way back.