Do you think Donald Trump's English in Twitter is standard? Doesn't it sound uneducated or vulgar? ?

He says there, "I won the debate big" instead of "bigly" or another adverb. Can we regard such an example as standard or grammatically correct?

Yes, he graduated from Wharton School. I mean whether such usage of English as in his comments in twitter is regarded grammatically correct or not. Should we think he intentionally use colloquialisms to pretend uneducated or vulgar? 

I am not criticizing Donald Trump himself, but wondering that his English in twitter is not standard written English. Would you use such English in school essays or business letters?

• Elaine

Trump is using what is often referred to as "street" language which is quite different from formal language. The level of language Trump uses would receive a barely passing grade in essays. 

In Britain Trump is seen as something of an idiot and his demeanour and language confirm it. He has little dignity and spends much of his time criticising others and claiming that facts he doesn't like are 'fake'.

course yare,,internet has more varieties of the 3 forms of english,,typed written and live spoken,, than cat n dog fur color

american kids school grADEs are ten position down from developed western nation scores,,schools here are run by guess who?  democrats from coasts to borders

It sounds like someone took a dump on a record player 

You shouldn't be criticizing our unfortunate president who fell for the Democrat hoax that coronavirus actually exists and can be dangerous.

• John P

To me, his tweets sound hurried, personal, straight from the emotion, with no thought of the consequences. A head of state should not be scattering personal thought like that around;  the consequences might be injurious for the nation within the international community, and might result in lots of work for his poor staff, trying to damp down the consequences.

Note that 'bigly' does not exist in British English. I would say, if I were in that position: "I won that debate easily". 

You only have to look at some of the questions and answers on this site to realise that some people have very low standards in using English.

They are the writings of a poorly educated person, yes.  We can discuss whether he does that because he is, himself, poorly educated (my personal interpretation) or if it is done on purpose to reach the poorly educated reader (not talk above them, but instead speaking to them precisely the way that they would speak). I do not believe that Donald Trump is wily enough to do the second.  Most of his actions indicate a poorly educated and fairly ignorant person with an excessively high self-opinion that is unjustifiable in fact.

The fact that he graduated Wharton does not affirm that he actually learned much.  He might have barely squeaked through. Writing skills are not the only criterion for graduate from any college or university. Many people graduate from school with rudimentary writing skills.  Just ask any employer where the newly-hired are expected to write reports.  Lots of recent grads cannot write a decent report.  It is a major problem.  I have seen this first hand, again and again.

• garry

careful jazz  is opinionated and licks on your spelling , he is rather vulgar i say .

• Peter

Trump's English sounds uneducated and vulgar because he is uneducated and vulgar.

I DO NOT TWITTER.....HE IS MORE EDUCATED THAN U THINK...HE IS A BILLIONAIRE...THAT DID not happen overnight.