Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceGender Studies · 3 weeks ago

Are you offended by misandry?

ddddddddddddddddddddddddddd

I am not offended in general. Expressions of hatred and intolerance are based on fear and are signs of present or past trauma and as such warrant compassion.

• Lili

I'm offended by both misandry and misogyny, but I've actually never met anyone who's openly expressed a misandrist point of view to me, whereas I've met plenty of misogynists -- and seen quite a few online.

I'm sure there ARE misandrists out there, but they would appear to be far fewer in number than misogynists.

• Jack

Offended?  Not really...however I do think that misandry should disqualify anyone in positions of authority.

And for those who are proud of their misandry, I don't really care.  But don't cry to me about misogyny while you hold your misandry as virtuous!  

If misogyny is unacceptable, then misandry should be unacceptable.  If misandry is okay, then misogyny should be okay as well!  

No, as a feminist I think misandry is well deserved.   

• Elana

I am.

Having watched the way both little girls and boys are treated in school systems and how little access boys have to good male role models due to systems assuming that men are dangerous around kids, I am very offended.

Become a mentor for children:  Learn to hate the world.

If you had taken a gender studies class, you’d know there is no such thing as misandry.    

• Foofa

Yes. I have to remind certain rabid relatives frequently that my male children they love so much as nephews and cousins will someday be the men they rail about constantly. 

Who me? Never.

No I dont think most people are, yes even men dont care. I dont even think twice about it, but with misogyny females act like you jammed your weeny in her butt

• Marty

No. Everyone is entitled to their own opinions. It not like there are many people like that anyway.