As a black man who's had dandruff issues since I was 11 especially in the cold and fall, is head and shoulders a good shampoo to use for me?

I've used head and shoulders many times but recently when I use it my hair still itches after a using it 

You might be using it too often. Take a break from Head and Shoulders for a couple of weeks and use something else for a while.

I think T-Gel shampoo is better. 

It worked for me but everyone's different

• rick60

I am white, head and shoulders never worked, get shampoo with moister in it, it really wont dry out your hair or cause dandruff, baby shampoo works

• D50

I'm not black, but I seem to have active sebaceous glands on my scalp. None of the popular dandruff shampoos do anything but make me itch more.

Try Selsun Blue instead or talk to your doctor about your dandruff.

• Your background doesn't matter that much, when it comes to dandruff that should work. Or other anti dandruff shampoos should also work. Use a conditioner after you shampoo your hair, if you don't your hair can dry out.

It might be.  it's one option.  if it does not work try Neutrogena T-Gel dandruff shampoo.  They have different active ingredients.

What does your ethnicity or color have to do with it?  If you have dandruff, you are looking for the best shampoo to use.  Head and Shoulders is a popular brand, but, you need to make sure you aren't sensitive to its ingredients.  There are a few different scents/variations to this shampoo so buy a few small travel size bottles to test before committing to a larger bottle.  It may be a lot of trial and error before you find what works well for you. 

ask some very intelligent woman for directions.

Source(s): incredible advice