As a black man who's had dandruff issues since I was 11 especially in the cold and fall, is head and shoulders a good shampoo to use for me?

Update:

I've used head and shoulders many times but recently when I use it my hair still itches after a using it 

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You might be using it too often. Take a break from Head and Shoulders for a couple of weeks and use something else for a while.

• 3 weeks ago

I think T-Gel shampoo is better. 

• 3 weeks ago

It worked for me but everyone's different

• rick60
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

I am white, head and shoulders never worked, get shampoo with moister in it, it really wont dry out your hair or cause dandruff, baby shampoo works

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • D50
    Lv 6
    3 weeks ago

I'm not black, but I seem to have active sebaceous glands on my scalp. None of the popular dandruff shampoos do anything but make me itch more.

• 3 weeks ago

Try Selsun Blue instead or talk to your doctor about your dandruff.

• Your background doesn't matter that much, when it comes to dandruff that should work. Or other anti dandruff shampoos should also work. Use a conditioner after you shampoo your hair, if you don't your hair can dry out.

• 3 weeks ago

It might be.  it's one option.  if it does not work try Neutrogena T-Gel dandruff shampoo.  They have different active ingredients.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

What does your ethnicity or color have to do with it?  If you have dandruff, you are looking for the best shampoo to use.  Head and Shoulders is a popular brand, but, you need to make sure you aren't sensitive to its ingredients.  There are a few different scents/variations to this shampoo so buy a few small travel size bottles to test before committing to a larger bottle.  It may be a lot of trial and error before you find what works well for you. 

• 4 weeks ago

ask some very intelligent woman for directions.

Source(s): incredible advice
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.