how do i become goth?

i love gothic fashion and want to know how to achieve the look. btw im talking about REAL goth. like platform boots wearing victorian widow goth. also for context my outfits range from walmart 90s grunge to Generic Clothing (hoodie and jeans). i dont like how i dress its so boring i want people to fear me

Think like a goth, behave like a goth, feel like a goth. Then you will)

Learn about the history and evolution of gothic subculture. Where it stems from, cultural influences, art and so on. Incorporate what you learn and like about it into your daily life. 

What you need to do is to follow goth influencers and take notes. Learn where they buy their clothes, their accessories, their everything. Use what you've taken note of and adapt to the style, buy what you can find. If you can't afford some goth fashion because some can be pretty expensive, maybe try thrifting. If you want people to fear you, well, that's a mixture of clothing *and* attitude. A friendly goth is fun and all, but real fear is stricken by those who are unwilling to bend for anyone. Having a resting ***** face (or RBF for short) can also help, although I think this comes naturally to *****y people and can't be learned. Good luck! xo

smoke cigarettes and grow your hair long

Why do you want people to fear you? I know, you can

have black, broken teeth, make sure your'e emaciated,

cut your hair short like a concentration camp victim, and have open sores on your arms, then people will fear you. 

• garry

still cant tell the difference between an emo dress and a gothic dress .

Search gothic outfit inspo on pinterest, I find good outfits there.

Fear you?  people generally laugh at people dressed that way, but knock yourself out.  have fun.

What you’re describing is romantic goth, which is typically more avant garde and expensive than a style like mall goth or nu goth. The best advice I have is to save up and invest in the good stuff. A high quality £80 corset is infinitely better than 5 uncomfortable cheap ones. Demonia and New Rocks are a good starting place for shoes

Wear lots of black, get piercings, dye hair