edd asked in SportsOutdoor RecreationHunting · 3 weeks ago

Best AR-15s in the 500-600 dollar range? And will they last? Thanks! ?

There’s so many different kinds it seems like I’m totally lost on where to even start 

• ?
    2 days ago

I was bored and finished 9 10% lowers recently and decided to go ahead and build complete rifles out of 5 of them on the cheap.

When I finished them, I did a grand total on all the parts I bought to finish them and they came out to $477 each.  

That is about the only way to get an AR-15 for $500 these days.

However, the time it took to machine the lowers was what would have raised the cost.  But I was shut down due to covid and needed to do something with my time and machines.

And for a challenge, I did them on a manual mill with nothing more than a calculator and a DRO.  Here are 3 of them.  I also did some mid-lengths and I am liking those alot.

1 week ago

Better make up your mind fast and make a deal because prices are going up daily. If things change in November, the prices will go through the sky. The political situation in the US is extremely dangerous. Firearm owners and Second Amendment defenders are the targets of the anti-gun crowd. If the D's get in control of both houses of Congress AND the Executive Branch, it will be all over for "assault rifles" or for that matter any center-fire semi-auto rifle with a detachable magazine. You'll be lucky if the current one's get "grandfathered".

Buy new or used, but buy NOW. Also, lay in a good stock of ammo of at least 1200 rounds with at least 6 mags of 30 round capacity. Also, a few 20 round mags as they are better for prone range fire.

• Mr.357

Del-Ton are really the only ones that I know of to avoid among the popular names.

Due to COVID and racial unrest, most decent ARs that were 500-600 a year ago (Ruger and S&W come to mind) are currently 700-900 (if they are in stock at all).

Please don't purchase one then if you get this confused about just buying one.