Novelette/Short story manuscript ?

I just finished writing a fantasy story that has 10,098 word, and I'm not sure whether to categorize it as a short story or a novelette. It is not separated by chapters since it barely surpasses the 10k mark, so how should I format the manuscript? Do I just include the whole story since it is quite short and is not separated by chapters? Please help.

Favorite Answer

10,000 words is roughly 40 manuscript pages, almost an hour's reading for the average person....

Put in breaks where there are logical breaks, but treat it as a longish short story. 

However, be careful -- usually about that length, the story needs pruning. Can you pull some 2500 words out of it, without affecting the flow and need to know?

Advisable to do this before submitting it to a publisher, who'd probably want a query letter and synopsis rather than the full thing while accepting the 7500 (or less) length as is.