Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Why do Conservatives think that Margaret Sanger was racist ?

While Sanger did open her clinics in. minority minority areas-not for race related issues to help poorer people have choices in their life. People are gonna have sex so maybe some birth control, some planning. Maybe keep going to school and not drop out and raise a baby if you’re not ready?

Update:

@lib But how do you know she said that? Men could have made that up to fool you.

Update 2:

@regerugged fcuk Wikipedia! That can be edited by anyone. I use Google.

Update 3:

@graphicconception The Nazis BURNED her books.

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

You question a statement from one of Sanger's own letters to someone else:

<“We do not want word to go out that we want to exterminate the ***** population and the minister is the man who can straighten out that idea if it ever occurs to any of their more rebellious members.” ~Letter from Margaret Sanger to Dr. C.J. Gamble, December 10th, 1939>

She also associated with fellow eugenicists. The NAZI eugenicists knew of Sanger and anyone into eugenics always thought that only the brightest of the upper classes were worth keeping. 

Bill Gates's father was into eugenics. Maybe that is why Bill wants to vaccinate everyone. He has already sterilised many girls in less developed countries.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

Because she was. Before WW2, lots of people were.

Then the nazis tried eugenics ("lebensborn") and saw it fail. No superior babies were born. After WW2, scientists figured out why, and proved that there are no races of humans. You only pass on 23 of your 46 chromosomes to a baby you make, and luck of the draw determines which ones

• 3 weeks ago

Read the biography.  Try starting with Wikipedia

• 3 weeks ago

I think people base that comment off what Margaret Sanger said herself.

"we don't want the word to get out that we are trying to exterminate the ***** population" -Margaret Sanger

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 3 weeks ago

Because she was a big believer in eugenics and using things like abortion to get rid of groups she considered undesirable. At least that is the argument I have heard. I have not done the research to verify its veracity because I usually avoid anything dealing with abortion. No matter which way you answer you get reported.

• 3 weeks ago

1. Margaret Sanger was white.

2. According to liberal definition all whites are racist

3. Once called a racist (by anyone) you are forever a racist.  No amount of black friends that she had will make a difference.

Therefore, she is 100% without a doubt RACIST!!!!

Source(s): Racism
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

"Birth control is not contraception indiscriminately and thoughtlessly practiced. It means the release and cultivation of the better racial elements in our society, and the gradual suppression, elimination and eventual extirpation of defective stocks— those human weeds which threaten the blooming of the finest flowers of American civilization."

"Apostle of Birth Control Sees Cause Gaining Here", The New York Times, 1923-04-08, p. XII.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.