I have a friend who is squatting at my home and will not leave. How do I evict them. ?

I was doing my friend a favor to let him stay with me for a little while. There is no lease involved and I want to sell my home and I can't get him to leave. 

1-Wait for them to fall asleep 

2-eat 2 cans of sweet corn

3-drink 64 oz of Prune juice

4-put on thick socks

5-sneak into their room

6-stand over the top of them 

7-take down underwear 

8- rain down a torrent of the most insane diarrhea all over them, waking them from sleep.

9-repeat as necessary 

Pls talk with them politely. If they don't agree then kick their ***.

You can’t he has tenet rights

Unfortunately, in today's world, it's getting difficult to do favors like this without getting screwed in the process. With our current legal system being as liberal as it is if your friend refuses to move you'll have to seek legal redress. 

Sit this person down and explain in no uncertain terms that he must leave. Ask for your key(s) back and tell him he has 3 days to move out or you will be calling the police for trespassing. You should not tolerate this. And I hope you get tough. He's not a 'squatter'. He's a MOOCH. And you don't have to do anything except tell him to get out of your house. 

That is not squatting.  Squatting has a legal definition and you haven't even come close.  Your friend has just overstayed his welcome.  Invite him out with you to a movie or something.  A movie is good because half way through, you can excuse yourself to use the rest room.  Get home asap, leaving him watching the movie and when you get home, text him that if he returns, you will have him arrested for trespassing.  Make sure that while you were gone, a locksmith changed the locks - have a friend house sit to give the locksmith access and to leave a key for you under the mat, so so-called friend cannot get back in.  If he shows up at the door, call the police immediately.  Tell them that he is harassing you and won't leave you alone and you have made it clear that he is not welcome back - ever.  You cannot evict him because he is not a tenant.  If you can get him out to shop or some how, without you along, then you don't have to go to an extreme effort.

Source(s): Certified Paralegal, with 25+ years' experience & with Landlord & Tenant law experience.

people shouldn't talk about idiot answers..YOU CANNOT CHANGE THE LOCKS AND NOT GIVE HIM A KEY

he became a legal resident the moment you allowed him to move in, he didn't need to get mail there, be there 30 days, etc...it was day 1 since the agreement was that he would live there.  he doesn't have to be paying rent to be a resident.

he's not squatting, he is a legal resident.  you have to give legal notice to vacate, often 1 calendar month...he may get through Nov 30 at this point to get out.

in most states, if he doesn't leave, you need a court order for eviction

you can't just dump his stuff and change the locks...that is an illegal eviction and can actually get you arrested in some states

A squatter is uninvited. You invited this person in. Now you have to follow state law in evicting him. Because of the pandemic, you may not be able to. Read your state law.

• R P

You have to give him written notice to vacate per your state's landlord/tenant laws. After the period has expired, then you file at the courthouse for his eviction.

• danxp2

By following the local rules set in place to evict people. Now there might be a local freeze on evicting people so best of luck in your journey to get rid of your ex-friend.