Have you eaten deer burger?

Is it good?

• I have not but I have tried deer jerky and I didn't care too much for it. It had a funky taste and was also dry and stringy.

No, I like venison, but I've never had it as a burger.

• denise

Not personally,  but my son likes them.

He first had them at a festival and liked them so I've bought him some from Tesco's too. 

• kswck2

I have had venision steaks, and if prepared correctly, it can be quite good. But if not, it can be quite gamey. 

No. I've had deer jerky though and that's good. I've heard deer meat doesnt make a good burger because of how lean it is

Yes, not bad but it's a waste of venison in my opinion.  Since venison is so lean you need to add fat or the burgers will turn out dry.  A little ground pork will do the trick.

• CB

Yes many times, most has not been mixed with beef fat so very lean and a little dry but very nice flavor imo.

• rodcom

It depends on where it comes from.  Deer meat is called venison, and around here there are lots of corn fields, so they eat well.  Venison burger is as good as any lean beef.

You go up north more, and there is quite a bit of difference in flavor because of the diet with a lot of conifers.  If it is farm raised, then it would be corn fed and mild.