When was the last time you felt there was someone decent to vote for in a presidential election?

My cousin says it's been at least 20 years...what do you think?

• McNeef

The people who most want to be in positions of power are those who least deserve it.  Nevertheless, that's where we're at.  Power-hungry people run for office, and so it should be no surprise that once elected, they make decisions that only increase their personal power and the power of the government in general, at the cost of the citizenry that elected them.

It was not always this way.  In the early years, it was fashionable for Presidential candidates to, at least publicly, deny that they wanted the office.  Whether they were being truthful or not we'll never know.  But it sure would be nice to see that kind of humility again.

In my lifetime, it seems like every election the candidates are worse than the time before.  I've often said that the best President in my lifetime has been Gerald Ford, if only because he wasn't in office long enough to screw anything up.

I also think that, on average, we would get a better quality of President by choosing people at random than we get with our current 2 party system.

• Archer

Well we have Trump who has proven his ability to Make America and Americans Greater now don't we!

• Foofa

I wasn't yet alive the last time there was a decent candidate for President. Right after WWII the country was still united enough to go for candidates that were about something more than just protecting a political party. But sadly by the time we got to LBJ all pretense of real patriotism and unity was out the door. It's only gotten worse since then. 

He's looking at things with rose-colored glasses. You'd have to go all the way back to Nixon to find a decent president.

Your cousin is absurd.

Gore was decent. Kerry was decent. Obama was decent. Biden is decent.

W is a war criminal. The orange traitor is absolutely the most disgusting, venal, narcissistic, utterly dishonest and a total sociopath.

• Brian

The last President who ran unopposed... as in George Washington. After that political parties started and it all went to hell.