Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

Free medical to illegals: Trump is against it. The other guy is FOR it. Where do you stand? ?

When asked at the DNC primary whether he would include "undocumented immigrants" in free healthcare, he raised his hand. Remember? 

- Is that where you want your money going?

- Shouldn't they have their own like Japan, Germany, Taiwan, etc?

I'm not sure how much of that "golf" screed is true. 

I'm guessing, not much. 

If it is, it's wrong and he should not do it. 

But that costs a fraction what 22 to 30 million illegal aliens using our resources does. 

And IF they pay any taxes, they pay very little. 

Many work for other Spanish speakers (many, illegal themselves), are paid under the table and never get entered into any govt database. 

Other nations prohibit this and enforce their laws; we must do the same.

SHANE: Think about it. An in depth investigation late in 2018 found there are from 22 to 30 MILLION illegal aliens living long term in the US. Many work for other Spanish speakers (probably illegal, themselves) and are paid under the table. They pay ZERO taxes. This is NOT "millions". It runs well into the tens of billions. And they have zero allegiance to ANYthing that is or matters to the US. Wake up.

Lauren said: "The health system in the US *currently suffers bc it doesn't insure *all people...". No. It suffers because we don't just stabilize people at the ER and send them to their nation of legal jurisdiction. We go all the way using OUR tax dollars. Something almost all modern nations have abandoned by ENFORCING their IMMIGRATION LAWS. 

- That "arbitrary border" represents all the governments of those whose people violate it. THOSE GOVERNMENTS are to blame for what happens to their own...

...people. 

- We Americans (US Citizen/taxpayers) are absolutely NOT guilty for returning their responsibilities to them. ALL NATIONS DO. 

- If we are "xenophobic", every nation on earth is also "xenophobic".

I am all for it.

Can I claim to be an illegal without having to actually enter the USA? Only it would be inconvenient to move from England.

Just tell me where I can send my medical bills and I will save the expense of requiring accommodation in the US. Fair?

Sure,  give them free care.   Then once they are better,  deport them.   Works for me.  

This isn't even a issue. If you legally can't be here obviously you can't legally get ANYTHING, but deportation. Period.

• Lauren

I think healthcare should be a basic human right in the 21st century. And if I had become a doctor, I would never have felt right turning away someone if they didn't have insurance. 

So in the same vein, I don't think it's right to turn ppl away from the insurance side of healthcare.

FYI: Current state - hospitals don't turn patients away, for example, in the ER. ER bills are extremely high bc people aren't denied care but then can't pay for it, thus my last ER bill when I was uninsured (but had the support of my family) was $400 for a five-minute interaction with a doctor.

The health system in the US *currently suffers bc it doesn't insure *all people, thus distributing the burden across the entire country (and therefor reducing it). We pay the most per person in health care compared with basically any other developed nation. If you want to use your xenophobic principles to deny people healthcare and increase suffering in the world, then congrats. But I don't super think which side of an arbitrary border you fall under should determine your life expectancy. 

All of us come from immigrants, and the hoop to jump thru is a lot different for some than others.

I, as an Patrotic American,  believe that illegals should be forceably removed from American soil and ANYONE that attempts to stop such action should be charged with treason and disiplaned as the law demands.   

Speaking of money going, how much did trump waste of yours during this last term? and you come at people with this?

you republicans are hypocrites. Fine for a conservative to spend millions but not on someoene else.

How much has trump wall cost

golf 141 million

• Robert

Criminal alien should not be in this country therefore should not need free medical care.  So let's remember that it is not legal to employ criminal aliens.  Turn in business owners who knowingly do so.  That will help in making them feel less inclined to invade this sovereign nation.

At least it’s going to a good cause instead of lining trump’s pocket. So you’re okay with trump golfing almost 300 times during his 4 years in office, staying at his resorts, which he doubled the price, and making the taxpayers pay for it while he makes a profit every time he golfs. Don’t forget that we’re also paying rooms for the secret service. 

• Who do you think will pay for it? I'll tell you. The same people that pay for all the pet projects of liberals. The middle class.