If the universe just popped into existence, why don't other things just pop into existence?

Update:

By "popped into existence," I mean it just started to exist without any cause and/or purpose, like what the Big Bang says.

11 Answers

Relevance
  • Nous
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

But it did not!   It is only Christians that claim that!!!!!!!!!

Science explains the big bang was not from nothing but from a singularity that was all the matter and energy in the universe compressed into a single point that then expanded rapidly!

So it was always here!

But why are Christians always claiming the big bang came from nothing? Are they that ignorant? Did they sleep through school or is it that they know the truth but think they can twist it because everyone is gullible?!

Claiming something cannot come from nothing argues not against the big bang but against creationists claims!

Recent research suggests the universe has contracted into a singularity and then expanded a number of times!

• User
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

1) If the universe just popped into existence, why don't other things just pop into existence?

Who told you that they didn't

and

why did you believe them?

2) By "popped into existence," I mean it just started to exist without any cause and/or purpose, like what the Big Bang says.

That's NOT what "the Big Bang says".

• 4 weeks ago

they do bro------

• Dane
    Lv 4
    4 weeks ago

What reputable scientists in a related field ever said that the Universe Just popped into existence out of nothing?  That is not the models by which we understand the Origins of the Universe.

Rather isn't it you guys who believe that God created it Ex Nihilo (out of nothing)?  Are you guys not the ones actually arguing that the universe came into existence out of nothing.  Why do you say we believe that when we don't when it is actually you who believes that and think it worthy of a laugh or ridicule.  I would agree it is worthy of a laugh or ridicule, so your the one we should be laughing at.  Your beliefs are the ones worthy of ridicule.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 4 weeks ago

Lookup virtual particles.

• Anonymous
    4 weeks ago

Excuse me, but according to the bible didn’t the universe just “pop” into existence?

• Archer
    Lv 7
    4 weeks ago

You seem to believe they haven't as it seems all the gods "Popped into existence" too.

• 4 weeks ago

If you can move your question after you ask it -- and you can -- why haven't you moved this from R&S to Physics? There people would point out that quarks point into existence and that the multiverse could exist, i.e. multiple universes "popping" into existence.

• 4 weeks ago

Subatomic particles do. The Big Bang was so hot that the materials produced were constantly shifting from energy to matter for the first few million years until they cooled down enough to solidify.  The Big Bang was basically a huge clump of quanta that eventually became the matter we see.

• 4 weeks ago

God is immaterial and not of this temporal system of things, so is uncreated  and eternal. Everything else comes into existence at the behest of the Creator. Not by any power of its own. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.