Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 3 weeks ago

If abortion truly is murder and embryos really are babies, why cant people that say those things also say that miscarriages are involuntary?

manslaughter? 

Are they inconsistent because they know they're wrong? Or are they, through no fault of their own, illogical or just not too bright? 

Manslaughter: noun

Law. the unlawful killing of a human being without malice aforethought

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 3 weeks ago

In the case of a miscarriage, was the baby killed by someoneor did it end its own life?

• 3 weeks ago

No, you are the illogical one.  Miscarriages are accidental.  Abortions are intentional. 

• Bill
    Lv 7
    3 weeks ago

@Jim: Not really. The baby would only be killed from that test if she cheated and the child was not the husbands. Of course, in cases where the woman failed the test she would die too. The test was also forced on the woman, so the woman didn't decide anything. 

Nothing about the test allows the woman to abort freely nor does it allow the woman to kill the unborn child of a man without his consent. The test is about cheating, not abortion. 

• 3 weeks ago

I volunteer at a center with a guy that worked at an abortion clinic...he said it was not unusual for the same girl to come in for three or four abortions before she turned 16.....

....but hey.... bible-thumping republicans who want to take away her "freedoms" are the problem....... right?

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Good GAWD. 

If I drive a car in the rain, it hydroplanes and MY car hits and kills a pedestrian, that is involuntary manslaughter. 

A miscarriage isn't instigated, in any way, by the mother; intentionally or otherwise. 

=========================================== 

And, though extremely RARE, Marsel_Duchamp and I agree on this.

Any pregnant woman who endangers her baby-to-be with injurious behavior should be charged with negligence and any injury that comes to the child from such behavior. 

Not JUST the mother, but anyone who refuses to consider the health of the child. 

• 3 weeks ago

If fetuses are babies then women who drink, smoke, are exposed to second hand smoke by their partner, use drugs, drive without seatbelts, continue to work around certain chemicals, do not get proper nutrition, and more  need to be jailed and given proper pre-natal care with the fetus being a ward of the state to protect if from continued abuse..  When born the child will be taken away to a foster home for adoption.  

• Jim
    Lv 4
    3 weeks ago

God supports abortion in Numbers 5:11-31 (called ordeal of the bitter water), 

But most Republicans can't read.

• Anonymous
    3 weeks ago

Try thinking about what you just wrote.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.