Looking for good bands?

I've spent most of my life obsessing over late sixties to mid seventies rock and roll, but over the past couple of years have started to really dig alot of other genres. I feel like I have an extremely good grasp on the golden era of rock, and have seen how so many good bands have really been forgotten in history, and how you can waste an eternity before coming into some real gold. I don't have a really defined cosmology of other types of music, so its nice that I can listen to stuff really unprejudiced, although I tend to miss the relevance it had on other bands.i don't know what my style is but I'll name some of my faves from a couple genres and hopefully some gurus can chime in. I'm mostly looking for black or death metal bands, but am cool with whatever. 

Golden era rock(all subgenres)-Yes, leaf hound,  ELP, hendrix, jobriath, , Sabbath, country Joe and fish, early Grateful dead, blue cheer, ultimate spinach, relatively clear rivers, Dust, T2Newer rock-Sleep, Soundgarden, king gizzard and the lizard wizard, witchcraftFolk-Joni Mitchell, tyranasaurus rex, mamas papas, Sybil baierPunk-Dolls/thunders, minor threat, the germs, stooges, deathPop/indy-Anna Burch,devandra banhardt( some of his **** is ******* trash and some is killer), Cate Le bonBlack metal-Youna, Armageddon, gorgoroth(all eras), cradle of filth, immortal, craftDeath metal-Job for a cowboy, blood incantation, PortalClassical-.Alexander Scriabin, Rimsky-Korsakov

I like to watch the "what's in my bag " thing in YouTube and it's pretty cool to see the dude from sunn o))) buy the vertigo soundtrac and necrobutcher buy a Cars album.this list took me like twelve seconds, if I thought of a genre or a band I wrote it down anf when my mind stopped I did the next one.i felt it was good enough to get an idea of what I'm into, even tho it seems random.

Favorite Answer

King Crimson (21st Century Schizoid Man from In the Court of the Crimson King)

Uriah Heep (Demons and Wizards  and The Magician's Birthday albums)

the doobie brothers. They had a good album in the 1980's Minute BY Minute.

• ?

Check out Arthur Lee and Love.  Their 1st 3 albums are psychedelic rock. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forever_Changes

the stooges

sonic youth

Based on Jimi Hendrix, you might like Reignwolf, Black Pistol Fire, or Tyler Bryant & The Shakedown.

For folksier stuff, I'd suggest City and Colour and Laura Marling.

Punk, maybe Ron Gallo (e.g. "Why Do You Have Kids?")