need a new job - risk losing permanent position, what should I do? uk?

I am in a dead end flexi contract job in retail. The customer service roll is taking effect on my mental wellbeing due to unbelievable customers and very bad management; with the odd toxic member of staff and bullying / picking on staff from management which I consistently have to raise to resolve. I can't leave because of commitments, obviously, but if I search for a new job, of similar, maybe more money and a better working environment, they usually begin as temps before becoming a permanent position. I respect the procedures and fairness of proving yourself in the role; however how am I supposed to get out, get a better position, without becoming completely jobless and in an even worse position before I began if some places choose not to hire me?  I understand, but they would be leaving me in a worse position than if I left my current. Is there a way I could stress this point in interviews or is this life and everyones problem and something I just have to cope with? the most I could stretch is 4-5 months; but as is obvious, being jobless.. is not good..

also effecting how i treat people in public and being more closed off to myself unless my close family and friends who i talk to about it all the time and receive advice from but its very hard. been in this position five years nov '15 to nov '20 coming up.

There are no answers yet.
Be the first to answer this question.