Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenOther - Home & Garden · 2 months ago

How do I get rid of ants in my house?

So, I spotted an active ant trail in my house and it's extremely annoying. I don't know where the nest is but the trail does lead outside. At a close glance, it seems to just be small black ants.

How can I get rid of these pests? They're becoming quite a nuisance.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

Sprinkle a bit of borax powder wherever they are coming in.

You can mix one part borax to ten parts sugar with a bit of hot water to dissolve it in to a thick syrup. Once it's cooled, put blobs of that or bits of cotton wool soaked in it, where the ants can find them inside & outside.

The ants will take the syrup to feed the nest - and the whole lot will die withing a few days.

Cover the stuff to stop pets etc. eating it, but borax is less harmful to mammals than common salt; it just has drastic effects on insect metabolism.

• 1 month ago

buy some ant rid and put it outside 

• Willie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Clean your kitchen counter with vinegar and they'll go away, and stay away for good.

• 2 months ago

Kill them fast it,s easy either!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

clorox works for me just pour it on them. i know its awful :( but they had collected around a single piece of corn . little tinytiny ants. it was scary

• 2 months ago

You need to kill the queen ant and you can buy products with a bait which the worker ants will take back to the nest and poison the queen ant.

• 2 months ago

There are various products ready-made for this, or you can make up your own. As already said, it's attractive to ants and they carry it back to the nest, where it kills all of 'em. Just a blob or two on the trail will do the trick.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Robert J is correct. Or you can buy small amounts of the same stuff from garden centres etc. The ants carry it back to the nest where it wipes out the entire colony. No other method works.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.