Tyler asked in HealthOther - Health · 2 months ago

Does smoking too much marijuana cause health problems?

I had what i believe was a severe panic attack a few weeks ago from smoking some high thc weed never rule anything out. some people last for years like snoop or a couple others but everyone is different. now i am unsure if the attacks will come back ever since i only had one. 

i go to the hospital and doctors and they say everything seems fine but some days i do not feel fine sometimes my heart seems to beat out of my chest in the last 3 weeks since ive stopped but who knows that could be withdrawl. 

Anyhow if it becomes a problem for you  just stop

• RICK

Just like smoking tobacco,  some people have health issues some dont.

yes it can muck up your thinking, can contribute to emphasemia, is expensive, george michael died of heart disease and i believe he was a regular smoker. People think they are so entertianing when they smoke and they are not

I've been smoking pot for 36 years.  I smoke when I get up in the am, when I'm on a break at work and when I get home.  In fact, as I type this with one hand, I have a joint I just lit in the other.   Its safe to say I smoke A LOT of weed.  Im 54 yrs old,  I (still) dont get sick, I've had a full blown cold once maybe twice my whole life, the flu just once, 13 yrs ago and that was only my second dr. visit EVER. I'm not claiming smoking pot had anything to do with my having a super human immune system, but, it sure hasn't led to any health issues whatsoever.  

Too much of anything can become a problem, including weed.

What I think the danger in smoking it is the papers or cigars people use.

• Marc

Yes. Smoking anything into your lungs will cause damage to the lung tissue. In addition there is some tar in marijuana smoke and that is not good for the lungs.  The long term effects of THC on the brain in younger people has shown some troubling data as well.  For the record I am a huge proponent of marijuana. There are major benefits to MMJ but there are also some drawbacks.

Sucking burning smoke into your lungs can't be good for you.  That's just logical.

But science hasn't found hazards in smoking marijuana.  I think this is because nobody smokes nearly as much of it as people who smoke tobacco. 

I mean, a cigarette smoker might go through one or two or three packs a day.  Most marijuana smokers smoke no more than four or five puffs.  Marijuana is a lot stronger today than it used to be, so you don't need as much. 

I have known weed smokers who smoked all day, and were high all day, but they're rare.  I had a roommate years ago who smoked weed first thing in the morning, and then all day long.  He was a grad student, doing very well in school, holding down a part-time job, and also a tournament-level chess player!  But most of my friends for the last 40 years or so have smoked weed and nobody else was like that.

Tobacco kills 400,000 people a year in the US. One of three tobacco smokers will die from respiratory illnesses!  But so far I don't think we've seen ONE SINGLE DEATH attributed to smoking weed!

• kelvin

you might gain weight from the munchies

I think any type of smoke causes health problems. Your lungs aren't made for inhaling smoke - period.

Also, depending on what you smoke in, you're probably inhaling tobacco as well.