? asked in Home & GardenCleaning & Laundry · 4 months ago

Vacuum cleaner recommendations?

As title Im looking for a new vacuum.

My current 8+ year old Vax cleaner isnt cutting it anymore, especially now I have a dog which gets fur everywhere.

I've no idea what to look for though, budget is somewhere between £200-£300.   I found a selection of Shark vacuum cleaners interesting and recommend based on reviews https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/reviews/best-shark-... but I'm not sure. Is Dysons still very unreliable?

Favorite Answer

I have a Bissell upright and Bissell carpet cleaner for about 10 years and have never had problems other than replacing the belt.Does a good job with pet hair 12 amp if i can remember correctly and i have 2 rough collies.Price was under a $100 for the upright.Would recommend.

• Deane

Find a good used Kirby or Rainbow. They have all the attachments you will ever need . You can use it for carpet shampooing, wood floors, and more. Even a decent used one will last you longer then 10 years. They also have good resale value. Ask any vacuum repair shop they will tell you these are top of the line.

Best overall: Shark Navigator Lift-Away.

Best canister vacuum: Eureka Mighty Mite Canister Vacuum.

Best cordless stick vacuum: Hoover Platinum Linx Cordless Stick Vacuum.

Best hand vacuum: Black & Decker Cordless Lithium Hand Vac.

Best robot vacuum: Eufy RoboVac 11S.

• drip

My daughter has had her hand held Dyson for six years, two cats. Loves it. Still using it.

I have an upright Dyson for almost 14 years. I can take most of it apart to deClog or clean. Cleaning the brush is easy. I have shedding cats and it does a great job on the hair. I love my Dyson and would get another. I have never found Dyson to be noisy. Both of us have had excellent customer service from them

I like my Henry (now totally illegal as far as EU goes as he is about 1200 watts) - but pet owning friends are Miele fans and it gets rave reviews (it's the C3 Cat and Dog, I'm told). 

I like the shark better than Dyson.  Our Dyson is too bulky and noisy but the shark is relatively quiet and lighter with better suction at a more affordable price.