How to get cockroaches out of pipes?

I live in an apartment and I have seen and killed a couple cockroaches recently. I'm fairly certain they are coming in through my bathtub. When I asked my landlord he said he could have someone come spray but there's nothing they can do about roaches in the pipes. 

Is there anything I can do other than spraying my tub with Raid?

• Willie

Suck on the pipes and they'll come running into your mouth.

Run a cup of water into the drain pipe.  Roaches are not underwater swimmers so can't get past the Pee trap which every drain has. So they are getting in by walking under the door or some other hole in the wall.  Plug holes in the wall with steel wool.

Keep the plug in the bath when its not in use.

• Seija

I was just researching how to get rid of roaches a couple days ago. Apparently it's common for them to come up through pipes. The article recommended covering your drains each night. I'd also use drain cleaner once a week as well. Check where your pipes come out of the walls and make sure there's no gaps there, roaches can fit into tiny cracks. If there's gaps, have the landlord caulk really well around the pipes to prevent them there. Make sure you keep your bathroom as dry as possible, so maybe wipe down your tub and sink each night. Roaches also don't like bay leaves and peppermint and will avoid areas with those scents. You could try putting some peppermint essential oil down your drains. Good luck!

• Jay

Pour 1 cup of bleach down the drain every night before you go to sleep.

It can be cheap, store brand bleach.

That will also help prevent drain clogs and sewer gases.

i would have pest control come in and spray

• Will

Honestly, I would just pour some drain cleaner down there. It might not be bug killer specifically, but it's acidic enough to kill insects. So, get some Drano or other heavy duty brand and just use the recommended amount as if you were trying to unblock the pipes.

• cmac'm

Probably not in the pipes. keep checking and cleaning