How to separate wax and water ?

I was heating up my wax to make a candle and the container toppled over and lots of water went into it! I've tried melting it again and the water in so intertwined with the wax, I've put some pictures up of the crumbly mushy watery wax. Can someone tell me a way to get rid of the water please

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Won't it just evaporate in a few days?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

just chuck it and start over. live and learn.

• garry
    Lv 5
    2 months ago

wax wont evaporate till water has evaporated first , quite simple aint it , or paper will pick up hot wax .

• zipper
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Heat the mixture again the wax will rise and most will float on top of the water and you can scoup it off the top. Or let the pot boil dry and all that will be left is the wax.  I in my younger days traped and I would coat my trape in wax to stop them from rushing and cover the meltal smell, and this is the method I used. You will lose some wax. and if you boil the water out, you need to watch it so the wax does nor burn or start on firer.  GOOD LUCK!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 2 months ago

Wax should float to top and harden when it cools.  Dump out water and repeat.

• Sandy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

just chuck it and start over. live and learn.

• 2 months ago

Heat it up so the wax melts, then let it stand.  Once the water and wax have separated, put it in the refrigerator.  After around an hour, the was will be solid and you can pour away the water.

• 2 months ago

Cool the mixture until the wax hardens, then pour off the water.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.