Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

I got a text message from a 5-digit phone number saying "Tap to reset your Instagram password" even though I never tried to reset it?

Does this mean someone tried to hack into my Instagram? It is still logged in on my phone and doesn't appear to be compromised. 

I thought it might be one of those phishing scams that leads to a lookalike page in order to try to get my password as well, but the link actually leads to Instagram (I did not type anything in, still).

Should I reset my password manually to be safe? I don't think whoever it was successfully got in.

When I went in to change my settings manually (NOT by going through the link in the text, just to be safe), I received texts from the same 5-digit phone number that originally sent me the link to change my password, so I am thinking someone tried to hack it. I have changed my password just in case! Thank you, everyone!

• Enigma

it is a scam and you've been taken in by it

do  not  tap  it!

If it is coming from an Instagram official, you will need to change your password. Maybe someone is trying to hack your account. And if you see that these emails are coming from another email address, you can ignore it and report that mail.(Bottom line is just delete it.)

Do not tap to reset your password. But, I suggest you go into your account and change your password (Just to be on the safe side, there are too many scams around that can mess up your system)

Has to be a scam.......