How do I ship an item I sold on eBay through usps? Do I provide the box, do they? ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 2 months ago

You may charge a shipping fee that includes the box although you provide and ship the box to your customer.

• 2 months ago

YOU supply the box--you can buy them at the post office or you can bring one of your own to the post office. Use packing tape--not duct tape. Make sure there are no other bar codes visible on the box--remove them, or cross them out with a permanent marker (like a Sharpie) so they aren't scannable. USe a large, plain, white label that won't easily peel off and write the complete address on it, clearly in block letters. Use a return-address label if you have one, or write your own return address in the top left corner of the package with the same black sharpie pen.. (Always use a sharpie permanent marker--not a water-color marker.) 

Make sure your contents are secure inside the box. You cannot mail certain items--so go to the USPS website to find out if your items are restricted.  Any bottles containing liquids must absolutely be secure against leakage or spillage. 

The post office clerk will ask you questions and will determine if your package meets requirements. If it doesn't, listen carefully and either fix what they tell you, or take your package somewhere else, such as Fed-Ex or UPS. They will also give you options about how fast you want your package shipped. From experience, I can tell you that the least expensive AND the most expensive options are not your best bets. Pick something in the middle. 

And don't be rude to Post office employees ever. They have very difficult jobs. 

• 2 months ago

Use one of their boxes or provide your own, plain outer wrapping.  Address it, get into the usps line up and fork out the money to send it.  If you have a printer at home, you can print the address label from the eBay website.

Source(s): Done it, numerous times.
  • Anonymous
    2 months ago

You have two choices:

1.  You supply the box, pack it up and take it to the counter to be weighed.

2.  Or, you go to the USPS, look at the priority boxes, see if one will fit and use that.  These boxes are "free," but require you to pay the flat rate assigned to that box.  The flat rate isn't that bad unless the item is very light.

Tip, NEVER list an item unless you have it ready to ship.  Finding out that you didn't charge enough for postage isn't fun.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Judy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

you do...........................

• 2 months ago

You package it and ship it.  

• 2 months ago

You need to box it to send it via USPS. The are shipping stores that may box it for you and mail it, but you will pay a service fee.

• Bill
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

The USPS has boxes if you need them or you can pack it in your own box. Go to  

www.usps.com. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.