History of the word evil?

Was just listening to Nikolaus Schrek about how the church of Satan wasn't evil enough, and thought it an interesting concept, since I am familiar with what laveyan satanism really is. I also listen to black metal and read some interviews from some guys in those bands, and have started to get the sense that the word evil has a long and unknown history to most, and that in its totality of meaning there is a part of it that does not translate to only hate and violence, etc.... Where can I read more of this?? 

people who answer these like anonymous are worthless

EVIL: originally meant: possessing human characteristics, qualities, habits, needs or desires; does not mean bad or wicked. Evil can lead to wickedness.

Geneses 6:5. And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

You can find the etymology of the word in the definitive dictionary of the English language, the Oxford English Dictionary. If you access it via your local library's website it won't cost you anything.

Source(s): B.A. in English.