Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsMedicine · 1 month ago

My parents want me to move out but I don't have the money?

I'm 19, in college, and pay all my own bills (car insurance, tuition, cell phone, etc.). Because of my school schedule I can only work part time because I need the flexible schedule (I have a mix of morning, night, and afternoon classes 5 days a week). After I pay all my bills, I have about $500/month to play with. The cheapest apartment I've found so far is $800/month. What do I do??

You put an add in the paper,  on Craigs List,  at the school about looking for a room mate.   If you get 2 or 3 you can afford a nice apartment and maybe even have your own bedroom.  

If your parents do not want to be around you tell them to move out.

Source(s): Michelle Obama and his husband
  • Uri

find a local strip club or get your a$$ on the streets and look for a pimp.

• Tara

Tell your parents your budget .. sit down and talk with them .. tell them you will move when you have enough money (consider asking them to pay for you an apartment).

• Willie

Has you studied while in High School you would have gotten a scholarship and not have to work while in college.

• Jim

Reduce your expenses, increase your income, or get a loan. These are all your choices. I had to do this going to college, so they're not impossible. Rode a motorcycle which is a lot cheaper. Took the bus. Got a scholarship. Got federal grants. Stayed in the dorms with food included. Ended up owing $300 dollars when I graduated.

Talk to Financial Aid at college, they might find you free money or help out.

• Mike

Get rid of the car and cellphone, save your money and move out.  

Get a roommate to share expenses.

Get a student loan to pay your tuition.

Get a better-paying job.

Why are you paying your tuition, if your parents want you to move? Shouldn't they be doing that? Then you could live in the dorm on campus, or in an apartment on campus. There's more to this story than you're telling.

• ?

Find a roommate or sit down with your parents and go over your budget with them so they know that you can't do it financially.  They may be more lenient if you offer to pay something toward room and board where you are.

• James

Ask your parents to loan you some money every month. Move somewhere more rural where rent is cheaper. Try to find a mobile home in a trailer park to rent. Sleep in a van. Live outside in a tent...