Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceCareers & EmploymentHealth Care · 1 month ago

will i have to get a vaccine if i become a healthcare manager? ?

Hello 22 female here. I am a few months away from obtaining my degree to become a licensed healthcare manager. I do not believe in vaccines, I personally will not get a vaccine. I was told by a friend she had to get her tb vaccine and also i have heard health care workers sometimes have mandated vaccinations. When i start my training or become hired on will vaccines be mandatory? also are there any ways to respectfully refuse/avoid getting vaccinated wile maintaining my profession? 

I am in southern California

• RICK

First there  is no  such thing as a TB vaccine 

Second most health care facilities due require Hepatitis B vaccine for all employees. Refusal means no job

Plus they require annual flu vaccines  and will require Covid vaccines when available

Source.  42 years in healthcare. Didn't matter if it was a Drs office, a small clinic or a large hospital ALL required vaccines

• edward

You have to get vaccinated.  My hospital will not hire people who don’t get vaccines.  The schools we have won’t even take students without vaccines

• Maxi

Where I live everyone gets the BCG vaccine when they are at school, early teen  which is why TB is generally a thing of the past.......... however a wannabe 'health care professional' who 'doesn't agreee with vaccinations'..pull the other one! You should have chosen another profession to study as you are not suitable to work in health care if you do not protect yourself or other people

'

You are a complete and utter idiot if you do not "believe" in vaccines. There is so much data to prove you wrong and prove that what you believe is not only stupid, but dangerous--especially to other people--that I can't believe that anyone in this day and age has an objection to vaccinating. 

Vaccines are PROVEN. 

Most if not all medical locations require full vaccinations, including smallpox, hepatitis, tetanus, MMR, annual flu, and other vaccinations as mandated by law.

There is no way you can refuse, as licensed health care agencies require full vaccinations as a condition of employment.

FYI, abut 10 years ago, I worked in the admin department at Good Samaritan Hospital in LA. I had absolutely no contact with patients. I needed a full set of vaccinations, including boosters when required.

It’s not a TB vaccination it’s a TB test (in Southern CA--we dont have BCG). However, in many healthcare jobs vaccinations can be mandatory meaning no vax no job.

Healthcare professionals have a responsibility to protect themselves & others since they are in high-risk, high-exposure positions. No job & no health insurance for you. Choose another profession, or take reasonable protective measures - and it's mainly for the benefit of those around you. You're selfish, inconsiderate of others' wellbeing, & chose the wrong profession.

I didn't know that there was a TB vaccine, but maybe there is.

Many places require flu vaccines and some require others as well.  Most will require COVID-19 vaccines soon, probably starting some time in 2021, although they don't yet.

A person who actually cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons (for example, a history of severe allergic reactions) might be entitled to an exemption.  However, if it's purely personal preference, then you have to look for an employer who doesn't require vaccines.

We don't know where you are.

In the US, there isn't a widely used vaccine for TB.  You will need to get a tb test on an annual basis.

You are dumb if you don't support any vaccinations. 

You are in the wrong field. 

No one will employ you. Typically anyone working in health at least has a flu jab.