Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetSecurity · 2 months ago

What does it mean if a website screen reads 'Warning: Potential Security Risk Ahead' ?

does it mean my computer is infected or someones trying to brute force attack/hack my PC to get into this website themselves or does it simply mean the website in question, is in itself,  having issues ?

its kind of scary though seeing that screen given im trying to log into a hosting providers website.  all my files are on the server with them...

what does this screen mean and should I worry ?

Favorite Answer

If you click on the "advanced" button, it will give you a brief explanation of what's causing that error to show up. Chances are that it is due to security certificate problem. It is most likely an issue with your web host. You would need to contact them to see what's going on with their login page.

Short answer, get the hell out of there and don't go back.

KEEP GOING

STOP FOR NOBODY

YOU

CAN

DO

IT

BELIEVE IN THE YOU, THAT BELIEVES IN YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Source(s): My friend and mentor, Ghani
  • A.J.

Your anti-virus/firewall protection is warning you GO BACK NOW. You clicked on a link, or typed in a web site that can muck up your pc.

It's not "issues".

After backing out or closing the window, run CCLEANER to clear cache or equivalent cache clearing software and then a virus scan.

You either mistyped something, or the host you use is a hacker web site. 

• GF

It means you should not click anything on the screen and use your keyboard hot buttons to close the page 

they might be warning you of a virus