Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceEconomics · 2 months ago

If everybody on this planet became equally rich ?

who would we hire as waiters,  cleaners,  chauffeurs when we're all the frigging same?

now nobody wants to get up and do that, we all the same things.   Now it gets interesting,  does this mean that we become frustrated at not being better than each other ? isn't that what we're programmed to be by nature as animals ? alpha and beta ? one empowers the other or dominates the other in some way or form ?

but if its not wealth then do we look at other areas we can be better ? would it be intellect ?  sport ?  what ?

9 Answers

Relevance
  • Ray
    Lv 6
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

If everyone was equally rich in a given currency, then you would have hyperinflation, why? Well: no one would initially be willing to do the ''hard work'' but SOMEONE has to do it, trash does not magically end up in a landfill, food does not magically get cultivate and put in our table, etc. This would drive prices up  until people start budging, then slowly but surely the harder&/orsmarter workers will start accumulating more wealth, while the lazier&/ordumber workers will become poor, things would go back to normal. 

Money is simply a means of exchange. Jeff Bezos is rich because he made an ingenious product/service, having a lot of money is a RESULT of this, not the cause of it. 

• 1 month ago

One possibility is a Star Trek universe where we all have technology to do the grunt work.  It happens to some extent today.

Just a few decades ago, if I wanted to get in my car and avoid driving, I'd need another person, maybe even a professional driver (chauffer) to do it.  Today, I can get a car that almost, if not literally, drives itself.  Also, we take it in stride, but we have the equivalent of a research librarian at our beck and call.  "Hey Google, are there any raccoons in Iceland?"  And a personal concierge/secretary, "Siri, remind me to pick up Sandy at 2 tomorrow.  Alexa, order 2 cases of root beer."

• 1 month ago

What you're describing is definitely Communism, and yeah that's a proven failure because people aren't going to be motivated to work hard if they know or feel like they're just going to have the same baseline as everyone else. If everyone was "rich," that would become the new baseline and not even feel like being rich anymore as we define it. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

You seem to have had a lot of fun answering your own question.

What gave you the idea of asking that question? It is an academic question, anyway, since there is no chance of it becoming true.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Willie
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

We would do our work ourselves since we wouldn't have to go out and work for someone else.

• Zirp
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

Like with an unconditional basic income?

Most people want to do something useful. Some people like to cook. Some people like to drive

and those with an "expensive" hobby (cocaine, travel, prostitutes,.. ) would work to be able to afford that hobby

• 2 months ago

yep you get it 

• Oiy
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

Rich in $ or rich in rights equally. The hobo guy wants my $, but I give him his rights instead. Now he is fully satisfied. He can vote for Trump.

• 2 months ago

Then everyone would bang Serena Williams and make Afro Americans

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.