Annisa asked in Cars & TransportationSafety · 2 months ago

Why do drivers who drive irresponsibly beep at you and get angry?

I was driving at 30 mph and I went out of the side road. As I pulled out, another vehicle was driving at around 60 miles per hour. He then beeped at me angrily. It's as if it was my fault.

Favorite Answer

I don't quite understand your explanation. You were on a "side road"? And you pulled onto a "main road"? Was there a STOP sign or YIELD sign for the side road where it met the main road?  If yes, then you are supposed to wait until the traffic is clear on the main road before pulling onto it. 

If it was some other situation, then I am not understanding it. 

If someone was driving 60 mph on a 30 mph road, then they are the problem. 

This happens because they are selfish and irresponsible! Unfortunately this has become most drivers. 

I've been an adult for a long time, and people have been getting more and more and more selfish and aggressive in their daily lives. 

Life was not a contest decades ago.  People waited their turn.  People used to be polite and considerate.  Not now.

People are frustrated and everything that is wrong with their life is someone else's fault. 

• Willie

Because they were born stupid and should have been aborted.

The speed limit was 60mph.

These are impatient people who have no consideration for others.

• F

Are you driving a Hyundai Accent by any chance?

Because, there are aggressive drivers out there, who have no patience for anything.  I was on a 45mph road making a left hand turn.  So you have to slow down to make the turn.  As I'm making the turn at a safe speed, the driver behind me decides to blow his horn.  I blew my horn right back.  I've gotten so sick of driving.  There's drivers on the road who shouldn't be on the road, because they cause possible dangerous situations.

It is your fault.  You're not allowed to come out of the side road into the main one when there is someone coming who is already on the main road.  YOU are the one who was driving irresponsibly.

Legally, you are required to make sure the way is clear before you turn onto a street. If the other vehicle is speeding, you would see that and decide accordingly whether it's safe to enter the road. Clearly it was not, and you caused the other driver to have to brake or swerve to keep from hitting you.

Yes, they should not have been speeding, but you are also at fault. If there had been an accident, you would have been ticketed for failure to yield the right of way.

You should stop before entering a main road from a side road, not be going 30mph.

• joedlh

Instead of trying to place blame, consider that you should drive with the expectation that every other driver on the road is in fact violating the law and/or not paying attention. That's the case with most of them. Enforcement is a joke. In this particular instance, you should have taken a moment to gauge how fast the other car was moving. Otherwise you could be held liable for failing to yield. The other driver would allege that you pulled out without warning and that he was driving the speed limit. It would be a lie, of course, but that's another thing humans do, mostly with impunity.

• Dze

they havent had a good crash yet and got fcked up .. that will happen if they keep it up ..