Question about partitions on a Micro SD card?

I want to create 2 partitions on a Micro SD card for my android phone. My question is if one partition becomes corrupt, will that effect the other partition as well?

To go into more detail I want to create one partition for Pictures/Videos and the other for downloaded music. The thing with downloaded music (from Spotify) is that it has corrupted a micro SD card on my phone in the past, but I would like to give it another try with a different card.

Favorite Answer

In my experience those things are extremely temperamental. I wouldn't attempt it. Better to buy two cards, and swap as and when needed.

• Lv 7

apps cannot typically corrupt SD Card data, unless the app itself is corrupted and nedds removed & reinstalled, or if the SD Card was already corrupted.

secondly, by default, Android only uses the first partition found on the card and subsequent partitions will be ignored.

thirdly, if the CARD itself is corrupted, there is no "uncorrupting" it. you would just need a new card.