Can anyone learn how to sing well if they stay dedicated?

I’m 25 years old and have been a musician since I was a child. I play the piano, guitar, drums, and have done many stage performances growing up. However, my voice hasn’t always been too good when it comes to singing. But I’d love to take lessons and learn. It’s an instrument just like any other, and I’m willing to learn. I’m not expecting to sing amazingly, but decently and in tune. Any advice? 

Thank you :) 

Yes, anyone can become a good singer.  It takes time and practice, in fact it takes lots of both, but literally anybody can do it.  I'm living proof.

I started 'singing' in a rock band when I was 20, and I did it because a) I was the only one sober enough to stand at the mic and b) nobody else wanted to do it.  For the first few months, my 'singing' was so terrible it could only be described with quotation marks.  One person said my singing voice sounded like I had swallowed a cheese grater, and that person was my biggest fan.  I was truly terrible, even for a basement heavy metal band singer.  

But as the months and years progressed, I gradually got less and less terrible.  Then I improved to through the ranks of not-too-bad, generally acceptable, kind-of-okay, and so on and so forth.  Nowadays, I'm considered damn good.  Not amazing, but definitely damn good.  It didn't take months or years to become damn good, it took decades.Singing is like any musical instrument, but it's also unlike any other instrument.  It's similar because you can learn to use it to make music.  It's different because, unlike any other instrument, it's really hard to cover up mistakes, it's got a limited range, and it's totally unique.  You mentioned being a guitarist, so let's use that as a comparison.If you listen to any recording of a guitar, you won't be able to tell what kind of pickups or string gauge you're hearing.  You won't even be able to tell what brand of guitar is being played.  Even the greatest guitarist in the world can't tell the difference between a Gibson and a Yamaha just by hearing it.  A voice is the exact opposite.  While your singing will never sound like < insert your favourite vocalist here >, their voice will never sound exactly like yours.  And if they normally sing outside of your natural range, you won't be able to sound like them at all. Also unlike any instrument, technical skill isn't going to help you very much.  Singing is 10% technical skill, 90% practice and 110% passion.  If you don't want to sing the living hell out of a song, if you don't feel it way down deep and give it everything you've got, you'll suck and everyone will hear it.  You can't just go through the motions, and don't even try to fake it.   

• Jesere

No, one must have talent 

Here's an opinion you have to enjoy singing to sing well.