Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social ScienceSociology · 1 month ago

Why do stupid people envy intelligent people?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • Bobo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

They act and react in ways to conceal their lack of intelligence.  Using emotion and arrogance are examples of how they combat their weakness and yes it is done on purpose.

• Lili
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

For the obvious reason that intelligent people are usually more successful than they are and get more respect.

• 1 month ago

"Intelligent" people wish/hope/assume that the less intelligent "envy " them, but, in reality, "stupid" people probably don't give a shet about "smart" people unless they sense the latter are trying to take advantage of them.  Don't flatter yourself by thinking (a) that anyone "envies" you, or (b) that you are "intelligent." 

• 1 month ago

I have not gotten envy for my intelligence and education.  I have gotten flat out contempt.  My best friend for many years constantly knocks that I have a PhD and finds some way to make my accomplishments seem like I am a bad person for it (for example, my writing a textbook at half the price of the textbook I was using for my class was "exploiting" my students, even though collectively I saved the class $2,000 every semester).  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Jake
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Ignorance is bliss

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

They don't. Stupid people usually think they're the smartest person in the room. They lack the self-awareness to realize they're delusional. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.