Can I get a protective casing for my canon EOS 550D camera?

• Sumi

Yes, you can get a protective case.  There are all sorts of cases.  What type of "protective case" are you referring to?  Generally, when someone talks about a protective case for a DSLR, they're referring to the wrap-around kind like those sold in the 70s and 80s.  The T2i is far too old for that kind of a case to still be available from Canon, but there are alternatives like those made of neoprene.

Here's a link to these fitted cases: https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/products/DSLR-SLR-F...

Camera makers stop making fitted cases for cameras near the end of the film camera era in the late 1990s. They did not make fitted cases for digital SLR cameras, because few people were using them. Most people use camera bags that hold a camera body and a couple of extra lenses and some accessories. 

• Andrew

Just about every camera ever made could take the old (n)ever-ready case  - calculated to protect a camera worn around the neck, and the fasteners able to stick just long enough to miss the perfect shot.

These days, you can get hold of a, "Waist bag," which is much the same idea (body and standard zoom), but I prefer the camera either on its strap, or in my gadget-bag.

• keerok

What constitutes a protective case for a dSLR camera is a metal or wooden box equipped with custom fit foam inside. If you're thinking about those silicon wraps like for cellphones, those won't do. They'll just make the camera bulkier hampering its operation. So what do you do? You either bag it to keep it protected from the elements or carry it around your neck ready to shoot at half-a-moment's notice. That's it.