I drink water in a steel glass, will people think that I am poor?

I drink water and tea in steel glass but I see my online friends drinking tea and water in sophiticated "glass" glasses and that Mac Donald or Macintosh type of glass. I am not sure what that big glass is called.

I feel shy to drink water in steel glass, I feel like they wil think that I am poor guy. I am doing live study sessions in discord fyi...So, I turn off the camera while drinking it, what would people think of me? I am normal middle class person.

I think you're trolling but... get a YETI, that'll show 'em.

Who gives a sht what anyone thinks about you, or what you drink water in? I have a lego movie plastic cup I got from MacD's years ago and I have been drinking out of it since, and if people don't like this fact, they can pss off. I ain't changing my cup for anyone. Stop worrying about things that LITERALLY don't matter.

• Mark

If it's outdoors or in a bathroom, that is quite a good idea.  Anyway, stainless steel is substantially more expensive than cheap glass, so they wouldn't think that.

• CB

You should really take this up with your shrink - I am sure he/she is on speed dial.

• kswck2

The vessel is irrelevant. Nobody cares about that. 

Stainless steel cups (not a glass, it's not made of glass is it) are perfectly fine to drink out of but I've usually only seen stainless steel being as either a water bottle or coffee mug. Glass is t any more expensive than steel btw. 

• Audrey

No one cares what you drink from.

• Goerge

Nope, when they see that your cupboard is filled with used 7-11 cups and cheap paper plates they might think that. 

Why don't you just go buy a new glass.  Only soldiers and queers use steel glasses.

If the people in your study sessions aren't wise enough to see that a man who is taking classes and learning new things is very valuable to this world, no matter what sort of cup he drinks from, it is their loss.  A man drinking from a gem encrusted golden goblet is of no use to the world if his mind is closed. Keep studying and stop worrying about what people think of you.