Do you also hate, when they call dollars "bucks"?? I think this is a disrespectful and slangy way to address a currency!?

11 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Nope. Money is money ...........

• Erik
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Nope, and if you let little things like that bother you, you'll never be happy.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Does your currency have feelings and emotions?  This is the same idiot that was advocating rape 2 years ago as long as she was 18.

• 1 month ago

That's so wrong!!!!  How are they allowed to do this?  We must rename the Milwaukee Bucks and also the Tampa Bay Bucs (Buccaneers) to avoid all association with this racist idea!!!!

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • J
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

I don’t feel a need to show respect for an inanimate object such as a dollar. It’s a piece of paper that happens to have value to purchase other items. Its a dollar, a buck, or whatever else I feel like calling it. 

• Robert
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

So I suppose a quarter is no longer "two bits"? 

• 1 month ago

It's a charming thing that Americans do. I like it.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I too am offended on currency's behalf. We should start a social movement to curb this horrible abuse of free speech. 

• 1 month ago

Nope, because there's a hundred different slang words in regards to currency and they've been around for the longest time. Bucks, moolah, Benjamins/Abrahams or whoever is on the face of the bill. It's not at all disrespectful.

• 1 month ago

It's a way to refer to dollars in casual conversation. If you have a problem with it then don't use it. 

"Buck is an informal reference to $1 that may trace its origins to the American colonial period when deer skins (buckskins) were commonly traded for goods."

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.