Do ultrasonic pest/rodent repellant devices work? ?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Ultrasonic electronic pest and insect repellent devices claim that their high-frequency soundwaves are intolerable to rodents and insects.

However, simply plugging in one of these devices probably won’t end your pest woes. It’s important to understand exactly what these devices can do before investing in one.

• 1 month ago

guys on you tube have tested them,,a waste of money they do not work

• 1 month ago

I use a Victor electronic mouse trap.  Since last year, 2 traps have killed 60 of them. 

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

yes, I used to go on extended trips for 4-8  months at a time and would get infestations.  Started using ultrasonic repellant devices, problem solved 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • bill
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

No and even if they did the pests would still be inside your house. Poison isn't useful either because they could just go somewhere in your house and die. Mint doesn't work either.

Electronic traps are the best i found.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Not if you have a real pest issue.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

To some extent.  If you make your home as unattractive to mice as possible it discourages them from exploring and setting up a nest.  If they sense a really good source of food they will power past the discomfort.  Also, if there's a nest the mother won't abandon her brood.  

I live in a very old house that it's impossible to fully seal.  Every autumn a few mice manage to get in.  When that happens I set up sonic repellers in the bedrooms and then add to other rooms the next evening until only the kitchen is repeller free.  I set up baited traps behind the kickboard under the cabinets and without fail I catch the little blighters.  I have much less trouble with mice than my neighbors and I'm convinced that the repellers play a part in my carrot and stick approach to drive them toward the traps.

• Barry
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Yes. They work on mice and on spiders to an extent.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

No. Peppermint oil does though.

• 1 month ago

No, not really.....

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.