Do ultrasonic pest/rodent repellant devices work? ?

Ultrasonic electronic pest and insect repellent devices claim that their high-frequency soundwaves are intolerable to rodents and insects.

However, simply plugging in one of these devices probably won’t end your pest woes. It’s important to understand exactly what these devices can do before investing in one.

guys on you tube have tested them,,a waste of money they do not work

I use a Victor electronic mouse trap.  Since last year, 2 traps have killed 60 of them. 

• RICK

yes, I used to go on extended trips for 4-8  months at a time and would get infestations.  Started using ultrasonic repellant devices, problem solved 

• bill

No and even if they did the pests would still be inside your house. Poison isn't useful either because they could just go somewhere in your house and die. Mint doesn't work either.

Electronic traps are the best i found.

No. Not if you have a real pest issue.

To some extent.  If you make your home as unattractive to mice as possible it discourages them from exploring and setting up a nest.  If they sense a really good source of food they will power past the discomfort.  Also, if there's a nest the mother won't abandon her brood.  

I live in a very old house that it's impossible to fully seal.  Every autumn a few mice manage to get in.  When that happens I set up sonic repellers in the bedrooms and then add to other rooms the next evening until only the kitchen is repeller free.  I set up baited traps behind the kickboard under the cabinets and without fail I catch the little blighters.  I have much less trouble with mice than my neighbors and I'm convinced that the repellers play a part in my carrot and stick approach to drive them toward the traps.

• Barry

Yes. They work on mice and on spiders to an extent.

No. Peppermint oil does though.

No, not really.....