Specific oil for Honda Vtec Engines?

Was thinking of switching from Honda original oil to Amsoil Signature series but someone told me that you need a oil thats made for vtec.. is this true? Can someone recommend a oil other than Honda...

• 2 days ago

These are all good answers. There's no special oil needed because of VTEC. you can spend the money for Amsoil, but unless you race or neglect your servicing, you won't benefit using it. Any engine oil in the correct viscosity will be fine. Also, if ir ask for synthetic, use synthetic; If it doesn't, then you don't have to. It won't hurt if you do, but routine maintenance (and checking your fluids every week or two) will do more than anything else. Pennzoil, Castrol, Quaker State, etc. they are all good. They have to meet certain requirements, and they all do. Like gasoline, the differences come with additives, and even then, they are all similar to one another. 

Read owner's manual.?  That is a start and a reason why you was taut to red.  So U iss seeing I make miss takes in answering cuz I don't give a fuckle about your life. Like the rest of us hoo answer the question...without asking the Mother Mary to get on the Fairy because it is the last boot out of here.  Eh?

Any brand of synthetic in the correct weight as recommended by Honda is what you should use. 

• Ron

The owners manual, which you apparently haven't read, states the specific oil for use. If you want to spend all that money on bs name brand crap, go ahead. I use supertech walmart brand in my 00 Accord and always have. 

• Barry

Any brand of fully synthetic of the correct weight will be fine to use. Even the cheapest fully synthetic is to a high specification. The most important thing is to change the oil at the correct mileage/time. In the UK 12,000 miles is a common figure to change at.

you use the type of oil that the owners manual recommends, and you use full synthetic. Some owners manuals say to use a specific brand of oil, but that's usually because they have some financial agreement with the oil company where they will recommend that brand of oil.

You really should read the recommendations in the MANUAL.