Greyson asked in PetsFish · 1 month ago

I need an aquarium hood for my hexagon shaped fish tank.?

I can’t find ANYTHING that would fit. I’m not sure why that is as I’m sure I’m not the only person in the entire world who has a hexagon aquarium. If anyone can find one that would fit, it would be much appreciated. I don’t care if it has a light or not. I’ll make it work either way. My tank measures 17 inches across from flat side to flat side, 19-1/2 inches across from corner to corner, and the sides are 9-3/4 inches long. I really don’t want to have to build one...but I suppose I will if I absolute HAVE to....

I thought I should mention, I bought the tank second hand and I have no idea what brand or model it is. All I know is that it holds around 25 gallons. 

• Mark

You aren't.  Hexangonal fish tanks are very common, and I can't believe that EVERY pet shop you've been to doesn't have a hood for it.  You HAVE been to pet shops, right?

Google it or else buy greenhouse siding and make one yourself. You can find that stuff at Home Depot or Lowe's

• kswck2

I had a 14 gallon hexagonal tank for years-unfortunately I set it up by the baseboard heating and it popped from the heat and cooling. Lesson learned. But you may want to look for 14 gallon Hex tanks. They are still made. And the top may well fit yours. 

Edit: In taking a second look at the tank, I cannot tell if you want a cover for it-which a glazier should be able to make for you with a plastic hinge in the middle, or a Wooden Top for it. If so, you may be able to find a woodworking shop that would design one to your specifications. However, I would first try some specialty fish stores-who may know some company that already has exactly what you are looking for.