My 2 stroke bike revs fine. But when I open the throttle fully and keep it revved. It's cut out the revs back in then cuts out.?

And when I'm riding and I'm driving when I reach high RPMs it jerks forward then turns off then turns on. Cuts in and out in and out. Not sure what the problem. 

It suddenly started to happen.

ok So I took the carb apart and the main jet had fallen out and was just in the bowl. put it back and if fixed the problem. Thanks for the help but

Not a rev limiter. It happens when I'm in the middle of the powerband. 2 strokes are made to rev high so it isn't destroying the engine. Most 2 strokes don't have a rev limiter

probably fitted with a rev limiter ..to stop clowns like you destroying the engine ...the problem is you ..have you got a rev counter fitted?

• ?

Adjust the hi speed jet, try to make it more rich. If you have a spark arresting exhaust, clean the fine screen - clogged exhaust cause high rpm failures too. Finally and as with all 2-strokes - replace the spark plug.