? asked in Arts & HumanitiesBooks & Authors · 1 month ago

What profound message does Alice in Wonderland have?

Can you only answer if you know the answer, here on this questions and answers site

Twas brillig and the slithy tothes did mire and gimble in the wabe. All mimsy were the borogroves and the moonrathes outgrabe.

I think it was a bit similar to "Flatland", more playing with a concept rather than a coherent plot or message.

Carol was a mathmatician. I believe the part about the "mirror milk" in through the looking glass for instance was a reference to molecules having different functions when their isomers are mirrored.

Sometimes it is ok to go down the rabbit hole...

" I try to think of at least 6 impossible things before breakfast!"  My favorite line because it summarizes that she is so flexible in heart to be inventive and creative of all of these characters and the kinds of situations she gets in, like shrinking and growing or going in the rabbit hole in the first place. For me, it's an act of Bravery that she feels she can stand against this narcissistic, murderous Queen but just by virtue of believing that it's possible, it is!  😊  ( down with the evil Red Queen!)  I quote the latest version of the movie because I found that is thread the movie theme better throughout, seems to answer a number unspoken things from the original.

While I agree and have read that Dodgson was simply creating a story to amuse his friend's 12 year old girl and her friends, I always try to find some kind of purpose to things and I would think he was trying to inspire them.

• Ludwig

♫ Remember, you’re the one that can fill the world with sunshine. ♫

Alice walks the path of the Serpent of Wisdom and is even called "Serpent" once, among the ineffable Sefirot of the Etz Chaim. Wonderland is the Q'B'L or Qabalah in fine.

• mars

That if you're a kind and hopeful person, you can realize your dreams (ie."There's no place like home..")

Source(s): (personal observation)

It wasn't intended to carry any profound message, it was an entertainment mainly for Dodgson himself; it is loaded with parodies of Victorian culture, many of the originals on which things were based have long since disappeared, but there are popular characters of the day  referenced including Disraeli and John Ruskin, which would have appealed to an informed audience, especially those with an interest in mathematics.

• That Charles Dodgson had a crush on a 12 year old girl.

• Darla

Don't go down the rabbit hole.