Is saturation oxygen of 79-85 normal?

I have been walking alot and it was that. My heart rate is 102. So I sat down, and withing five minutes, it went under 100 and oxygen went up 87 to 90. Is that normal or is it problem?

5 Answers

Relevance
  • No,you should go to the doctor immediately.It could be a respiratory or heart problem.

Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your issue involves the mechanics of blood circulation.

Water is the transport vehicle for everything in the body - including oxygen. Walking increases the blood circulation through areas where oxygen is needed in large amounts for those functions involved.

To satisfy those needs, water (w/ oxygen) is borrowed from areas where it's not immediately required to areas that are. That means the oxygen saturation in the blood to your extremities (finger) will show a temporary decrease.

Once you sat down the circulation was restored and the O² levels went back to normal levels.

• 1 month ago

It’s low.  It should be >92%

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Saturation below 84% should put a person in Casualty.

A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats per minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitness. For example, a well-trained athlete might have a normal resting heart rate closer to 40 beats per minute.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, it’s not normal. 90 with no exertion is also way below normal. Time to see your doctor right now. By the way, those numbers are also COVID symptoms.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.